Each region has a local Editor who represents their market and becomes that region’s face of the YOGA + Life™ brand. This Editor is responsible for selecting the person, places, and ideas that should be featured in the magazine, in addition to selling spreads, building client relationships, working with local talent, hosting and attending events and photo shoots. The Editor is also responsible for maintaining/contributing to the local blog and providing social media coverage throughout the year. Each Editor also manages an Ambassador Team unique to each region. This is a really fun part of the job… working with like-minded yogis on steering content, doing events and managing projects you choose to implement. The position is perfect for someone who eats local, shops local, lives local, does yoga local, explores local, and loves meeting the persons who make their region so OMazing. This is a role for someone who is great at sales, networking, and events.
The Editor position is a flexible, part-time to full-time effort (depending upon the phase of production). Editors generally set their own schedules and mange their own time, ramping up or down depending on how busy the week may be. Each phase of Y + L comes with a different set of responsibilities, so the job is constantly evolving.
Regardless of city size, demographics, or location, the Editor is the key to success in any market. That is why we seek out visionaries and fearless creatives and inspiring leaders who are committed to their communities, the yoga lifestyle, and who are also willing to make a significant investment of time and energy into a job they love in a field they love even more!
Why YOGA + Life™?
YOGA + Life™, an independently owned publishing business, saw the need in the LOHAS industry to give a voice at a more local level to the people, places and ideas that are shaping a more conscious culture, lifestyle, and community. The BIG national titles, with a vast distribution still only feature the top 5-10% of the people & businesses in a 290 billion dollar annual US industry. Now, with the YOGA + life™ brand we are giving smaller businesses the voice and attention they deserve while we create jobs, a greater sense of community, ambassador and contributors opportunities, new local events and more!
YOGA + Life offers exclusive ownership for each city/territory to work with the National YOGA + Life™ Brand. This allows Editors to run and own their own business while having access to the National Brand Products and Resources. The new market investment is a financial commitment for both parties, so we want to make sure your passion aligns with our tactical and experienced guidance in launching a successful market that is viable and scalable, and of course, fun and rewarding work.
YOGA + Life’s National Team is comprised of an experienced Publisher, Creative Director, Billing, National Sales and Online Editor who help Regional Editors grow their own market. We provide the following initial and ongoing assistance:
- Complete magazine production services from start to finish to match the cohesive look
- Sales, Business Planning, Production, and Editorial training and templates with National Team and Successful Entrepreneur/Publisher Juli Rathke.
- Access to year-round design services, for creation of customized materials for your market (in addition to designing all aspects of your magazine)
- Utilization of our centralized printer, who works in conjunction with our Publisher and Creative Team
- Access to a dedicated Billing Account Manager to serve as your point person and answer any questions
- Mail and distribution fulfillment services
- Blogging and social media platforms for each market
- A regional website unique to your market and management assistance
- Access to a National website to elevate independent voices and businesses to a national spotlight
- Access to a national network of editors, ambassadors, events, websites, and retreats in an industry you love
Simply email us and we will get back with you to further qualifying you and your proposed market. Publisher and Mentor, Juli Rathke will work directly with you to make sure this is the right fit for you both personally as well as professionally.